NAACP THEATER AWARDS WINNER

May 6th, 2010

“BEST ONE PERSON SHOW”

ViviCam 6300

FINAL SHOW OF YEAR –

KWAANZA SHOW – DEC. 28TH  SUNDAY

SANTA MONICA PLAYHOUSE  - ALMOST SOLD OUT CALL FOR TICKETS   310 394 9779

The number One Man Broadway style Solo Show on the U.S. and Caribbean College circuit. Using Theater as a vehicle for Social change. This show about the triumph & tragedy of this mistreated American genius not only promotes diversity, brotherhood and education but also challenges us to examine the notion that “since the world is our home & we share a common humanity;  it’s imperative that men learn to live as Brothers.”

Powerful & poignant, entertaining & educational, heartfelt & humorous, the show celebrates this common Humanity, as Robeson fights globally for Social Justice for Blacks, Jews, Welsh & Spanish workers.     From the horrors of the Slave Trade, to the shame of the Holocaust. From the artistic wonders of the Harlem Renaissance, the Jazz- Bebop era. To McCarthyism, Blacklists, Racism & oppression. Robeson shows us that in spite of our differences; we still have more in common than we do in conflict.

This show & the lively Q & A that follows; like Robeson’s life; serves as a Cultural Ambassador inspiring us to greater achievement & a more noble life. Robeson paid the price for leading from the front, rather than pushing from behind. This descendant of rebellious slaves, who graduated Valedictorian in 1919 from Rutgers U & got a Law Degree from Columbia a few years later. An All-American Football player who played in early NFL, was later blackballed, had his passport revoked & silenced by HUAC. He stood tall & took the blows for those of us handicapped by ignorance or subdued by tyranny. For those who arrived in shackles & on bloody feet, surviving the nightmare so that others could live the dream.

Paul Robeson was a symbol of our developing manhood; armed with nothing more than the strength of his convictions & his vision of a World where men live as brothers. His Message was his Life.

The goal of the play is to awaken a new generation so that the lost brilliance of Robeson doesn’t remain lost. To let all people know; that the best of Paul Robeson lives in all of you & with it the power to change the World.”

~ Stogie Amir Kenyatta

Donate to help sponsor an under funded

School, Church or

Community Center to our

MULTI-CULTURAL ARTS EDUCATION SERIES.

WHY SHOW IS IMPORTANT TO TODAY’S STUDENTS.
Studies show Multi cultural education increases social responsibility,  cultural
diversity, tolerance & student involvement.  It is even more important because today’s students are living in the most ethnically, socially & culturally diverse educational environments in history.   The most popular music, arts, literature, clothing, sports, TV, Film or social media, around the world is American.   Americans have invented every form of music on the planet earth with the exception of Opera, Classical & Reggae. On almost every Continent; we are the dominant culture in the world. Not because of bombs & bullets, but Arts & Culture.

Paul Robeson said “Nations may go to war; but it’s Arts & Culture that unites us”.   “This show not only explores his love for the Jewish, African, Welsh & Spanish people, but it reminds us all; “If we accept the fatherhood of God; we must accept the brotherhood of man”  .

There was a time in worlds history when every couple decades the entire globe would get together & have a World War & say “let’s kill our brothers”.  The 2 largest military conflicts in human history were WWI & WWII.  Over 90 million people died over 62 million of those were civilians.    After  WW2, a world weary of fighting & death, now demanded entertainment & turned to the musicians, singers, dancers, poets and social intellectuals from that Cultural movement known  as the “Harlem Renaissance”.   Negro artists flooded the stages, night clubs & Cabarets of Europe, creating a new Black identity & showing the world our common humanity; only then did a chance for a lasting peace exist.  America’s unwanted step-child, brokenhearted & despised in their own land, found the fame & fortune denied them in America;  when their artistry allowed the world to see their brilliance & embrace their humanity.

Today’s advances in technology allows us to operate a Drone and kill masses of humanity thousands of miles away.  We need to educate a new generation of students that know intuitively that “just because they can;  doesn’t mean they should”.

This is the goal of my show & the multicultural arts education series.  To celebrate & embrace  our diverse yet common humanity.

I thank you for your support & donations to bring this program to underfunded schools & I look forward to working with you.

Stogie Kenyatta

( DONATIONS ACCEPTED UPPER RIGHT )

15 Comments »

15 Comments on “NAACP THEATER AWARDS WINNER”

1. avatar
    1 Mike Casentini said at 10:29 pm on May 11th, 2010:

Hi Stogie, Love the site. Keep it up.

2. avatar
    2 Michelle Meighan said at 4:51 pm on June 23rd, 2010:

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! Paul’s size, voice, intelligence, talents, accomplishments and deeds embodied the spirit within. If only we ALL only felt that powerful!

3. avatar
    3 Moral Heroes said at 1:20 pm on November 15th, 2010:

We are so glad you’re bringing awareness to Paul, his skills and his efforts! Keep up the good work!

Paul Robeson is currently featured as hero of the week over at http://www.moralheroes.org.

Please check it out and share it with your friends and fans!

4. avatar
    4 Malik said at 1:43 am on January 3rd, 2011:

HEY STOG….
    YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS
    SIMPLY AWESOME. THE WIFE AND I REALLY ENJOYED THE PERFORMANCE. I WAS
    MOVED BY THE WHOLE PREMISE THAT YOU PUT TOGETHER. I COULD REALLY FEEL YOU AND ROBESON. IM SO GLAD
    I SAW ITG AFTER ALL THE TRIPS IVE HAD THROUGHOUT THE WORLD BECAUSE I APPRECIATED IT MORE SO BECAUSE I BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT
    YOUA WERE MARVELOUS. I WATCHED YOU VERY
    CLOSE AND YOU HASVE GROWN SO MUCH INTOI THAT ROLE. I REALLY THOUGHT AND FELT YOU INSIDE HIM/ IM NOT A PLAY PERSON
    STOG…BUT YOU CHANGED THAT INSIDE
    OF ME LAST NIGHT GOD BLESS YOU AND ILL CALL AND WE CAN GO OUT TO EAT THIS WEEK
    LOVE PEACE MALIK

5. avatar
    5 Roz Browne said at 12:47 am on February 2nd, 2011:

I’ve been meaning to let you know how much I enjoyed your show Sunday! It was terrific!! You are a talented Comedian and Actor! Seeing you in action inspired me to get my show back up. Yes. I know it’s time..
    thanks again Stogie for being a great role model!

6. avatar
    6 Smitty said at 12:49 am on February 2nd, 2011:

Thank you for doing a great job and teaching me about a great black hero whom I will never forget. He was a real black man !

7. avatar
    7 authorjomeadows1 said at 6:27 pm on April 9th, 2011:

Hello Stogie, this is wonderful. I am so proud of you, you are so talented, this is really and truly a blessing from God. I know you know this. Keep up the good and the blessed work.

8. avatar
    8 Eddie Martinez said at 11:54 am on April 14th, 2011:

Eddie Martinez
    just wanted to say how much i enjoyed the show. its a great show! i learned alot about paul robeson. you played to us like a n audience of 1000, that takes tremendous energy and concentration and talent. keep banging brother! i like how you incorporated the audience into the show, “martinez, that aint spanish is it?”

9. avatar
    9 Allene Prince said at 5:11 am on August 4th, 2011:

“Congratulations on a wonderful performance that was a very moving and informative portrayal of the life of Paul Robeson. My friend and I were so pleased to have shared the intimate actor/audience experience with you. You tugged at my heartstrings with the tragedies as well as the warmth and humor. I feel fortunate to have learned more about Mr. Robeson’s journey and the way he enriched so many lives. You brought him to life so vividly.
    Allene Prince

10. avatar
    10 Cynthia said at 5:17 am on August 4th, 2011:

Stogie Kenyatta performed in his acclaimed One Man Show -“The World is my Home-The life of Paul Robeson” – at the Santa Monica Playhouse, 1211 4th Street in Santa Monica last night and did an EXCELLENT JOB!!!(Received a standing ovation from the audience!) STOGIE KENYATTA becomes PAUL ROBESON right before your eyes. You will laugh …and cry and become informed about the life of a man that turned challenges into opportunities for himself and others. This is a must see play!!!
    Busby Promotions

11. avatar
    11 Wendy said at 5:18 am on August 4th, 2011:

Hi Stogie,

Wendy

12. avatar
    12 Jonas Mohr said at 5:27 am on August 4th, 2011:

Wow! Your performance was breathtaking!
    I am so amazed how good you are and what energy you brought on the stage.
    You are a true artist and I am very honored to have seen the play finally!!!

Much Love
    Jonas

Maike ,my wife was equally blown away and we have not stopped talking about it!

Jonas Mohr

13. avatar
    13 Stogie said at 12:23 am on March 4th, 2012:

From: JUNA BROWN

My friends watched you in this show on 2/14/12 in USF- St Pete. we all thought you were fantastic. Now the word is out and everyone wants to see the show again. where can we see you here in florida? You should ask them to have have you at the American Stage down town in St Pete or the Palladium. but please come back. thank you

14. avatar
    14 Stogie said at 12:57 am on March 4th, 2012:

Florida Institute of Technology performance

Hi Stogie I was really moved by your performance @ Gleason Hall on the campus of FIT in Florida. It was very moving. God bless you and keep up the good work.
    Vince Love

15. avatar
    15 Stogie said at 2:14 am on March 9th, 2012:

GREAT SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Mr. Kenyatta this is Chris Cook the guy from Jackson State…You spoke to me after the show…I want to thank you for you time….You really taught me a lot of things about the business, some things I never thought about….I’m going to try my best and do what I can to excel and succeed in the business…not only that, but also a dominant icon……Thank You once again….